Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Advent 2009 - 4th Tuesday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer
God our Father,
you sent your Son,
to free us from the power of death.
May we who celebrate the coming of Christ in the flesh
share more fully in his divine life,
for he lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever. Amen

Daily Meditation
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God, my savior."

Mary's response (the Gospel) based upon Hannah's prayer
(Responsorial Psalm) can be our prayer today.
Our anticipation of the coming of our Lord into our hearts grows
as we praise God for coming to us in our lowliness.

My heart exults in the Lord, my savior.

Intercessions
To Christ our Redeemer, who comes to save us from our
sins, let us cry out with joy:
Come, Lord Jesus!

The prophets of old foretold your birth among us,
- now make virtue come to life in us.

We proclaim your saving work,
- now grant us your salvation.

You came to heal the contrite,
- heal the weakness of your people.

You came and saw fit to reconcile the world,
- when you come again in judgment, free us from the
torments of punishment.

O KING OF THE GENTILES
and their desired One,

the Cornerstone that makes both one:

Come, and deliver us,

whom you formed out of the dust of the earth.


Closing Prayer
Oh, king of us all.
I find myself standing before
your strength and splendor
watching, waiting
and filled with total joy.

You have lifted my mind in hope.
Now help me to open my life
the the coming of the Spirit.

I want to be like Mary, your mother.
Her wonderful courage and strength
inspire me to do the same.
She simply said Yes
and the impossible was done.

Thank you for this Advent journey.
The anticipation has filled my life
and made me long for
a closer relationship with you.

My life gets so busy that I forget to focus.
Thank you for guidance.
Thank you for the quiet moments
when I have felt your love.

Nothing will be impossible with God.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.