Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advent 2009 - 3rd Tuesday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Father of love,
you made a new creation
through Jesus Christ your son.
May his coming free us from sin
and renew his life within us,
for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit
one God, forever and ever.

Daily Meditation

On that day, you need not be ashamed
of all your deeds, your rebellious actions against me.

The Lord's coming promises us a time
when we need not fear. It will indeed be a time
of purifying, a time of humility and trust in God.
We ask for the grace to be like the child
whose mind is changed and says, "Yes"
to our Lord's call.

Come, O Lord, do not delay;
forgive the sins of your people.

Intercessions

God the almighty Father stretched forth his hand again to
take possession of the remnant of his people. Let us
make our prayer to him:
Lord, may your kingdom come.

Lord, grant that our works of penance may please you,
- and that we may be ready for your kingdom which is so near.

Prepare a path in our hearts for the coming of your Word,
- and let his glory be revealed among us.

Bring low the mountains of our pride,
- and fill up the valleys of our weakness.

Break down the wall of hatred that divides the nations,
-and make level for mankind the paths to peace.


Closing Prayer

Lord of such compassionate wisdom,

How often do I exalt myself and ignore you?
I look over the heads of my more humble brothers and sisters,
not seeing how they rely on you so much more than I do.
Help me to learn from them to make you
the center of my life.

You invite me to not be ashamed of what I have done in my life,
but instead offer me a refuge.

Let me call out to you; hear me:
Give me the grace to see those around me who are brokenhearted.
Guide me in staying with them in their sorrows.
I ask for the courage to help them in all the ways they need it
and to be your servant on this earth.

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.